We’ve been impatiently awaiting the drop of this remix album from New York’s Bagir-Ba since the promo video. The project has been slowly in the works since 2007 and only reaching completion this year. Now finally the time is upon us to let these blunted golden era reinterpretations blast on repeat through your speakers.
Sure, plenty of beatmakers have taken classic acapellas and placed them atop their own instrumentals, but this release is particularly special. In terms of both rhyme selection and beat creation, Bagir-Ba is on point like a diamond stylus. You will hear many instantly recognizable voices and raps exploring a totally new landscape of murky jazz and soul infused beats.
Including the word ‘Timeless’ in the album title is fully appropriate because it blends styles from the past, present, and future. This is like stepping into a hip hop time machine, puffing a blunt, and then randomly travelling back and forth through the sands of time.
1. Act I [”One God” The Intro] 01:42
2. iLL Vibe  03:13
3. 5, 7 Pass It [Late Night Train] 04:57
4. One Little Indian [Smoking in a Tree] 03:49
5. Ghost&Monk [Burner Kinda Dusty] 02:57
6. 6th Sense [41-5] 04:14
7. This is it [Dirty Brazuca Mix ’75] 03:40
8. Common Sense Intermissions [1. Not Anymore; 2. Resurrection; 3. Conclusion] 03:30
9. Act II – Next Universe [Soundbombing II] 00:24
10. For The Eye [Don’t See Us] 03:24
11. Just The Way [TK Wonder x Bagir-Ba] 02:41
12. Passin’ Me By [old cassette joint] 04:17
13. Explosive [Rare Grooves] 03:05
14. Don’t Say Nuthin’ [Cosmic Clap] 04:14
15. Act III – Das EFX [real.hip.hop] 02:39
16. Her Eyes Were Planets (Cinema) [original prelude] 03:17
17. ’89 06:13
18. Mos Def Freestyle [Intergalactic Chill] 00:42
19. CAPITAL Outro [Steelo] 00:57