Cult Classic Records are at it again to release Daimyo‘s debut LP Blessed Relief. To call this debut long overdue is an understatement, we’ve been wanting to hear a full length for far too long. Several of these tracks have appeared previously in one form or another, but it is great to see everything together in a comprehensive package.
Daimyo has an impeccable way of stitching together individual sample threads into a full tapestry. Perhaps most interesting is his slicing of Bjork breathing on “Cut Up Bjork”. The jazz samples embedded within the rolling drums have a certain air of freedom to them.
On top of the tasty sampleage, various guest emcees grace the album to add lyrical colour, and while there many of the samples are recognizable, everything maintains originality and authenticity.
1. Under The Moonlight (Intro) 01:16
2. Dhammasangani ft. Dudu Stinks 02:34
3. Mission Statement ft. Witness [Extended Mix] 02:03
4. Chick In Space 01:40
5. May 19th (Interlude) 01:04
6. Rectangular Businessman ft. ThirtySeven aka Humpasaur Jones 01:28
7. No Days Off ft. Hump Jones aka Humpasaur Jones 02:26
8. Cut Up Bjork 02:29
9. July 12th (Interlude) 01:04
10. 1050 ft. Abgohard 02:04
11. Emotions ft. Abgohard 02:19
12. Front Yard 01:44
13. Happy ft. Dudu Stinks & Stink Tank 01:29
14. Indigo ft. Sketch Lightly 03:37
15. July 22nd (Outro) 02:34